The annual IEEE Canada Power and Energy Conference will be held
October 14-16, 2020 November 9-10, 2020, and will be moving to a virtual delivery. The 2020 edition is headquartered in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
EPEC welcomes papers related to the power industry, and is most pleased with those that fit the conference theme “Power Systems in Transition”.
Our paper submission website is now live! https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=27139
SPECIAL NOTICE: IEEE EPEC and CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
May 28, 2020
Due to the travel and gathering restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes have been made to the conference:
- Date change: the conference has been moved to the week of November 9th, 2020. The manuscript submission deadline is adjusted accordingly.
- Delivery: the conference will not be held in-person but moved to a virtual platform.
- Registration fees: the organizing committee and the IEEE Canada Conference Advisory Committee are developing an appropriate discounted fee schedule, to be announced soon.
May 4, 2020
The organizing committee has decided that remote presentation will be acceptable to all authors not comfortable with travelling to Edmonton to attend the conference in person.
Due to the travel restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the organizing committee requests attendees defer purchasing airline tickets for IEEE travel until further notice.
March 22, 2020
Please know that our thoughts are with those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. The health and safety of our members and participants are our first priority. We are closely monitoring any specific travel advisories through official channels, which include the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Government of Canada.
Before traveling to the conference, we recommend that you stay informed of any information your local health agencies may make available and take reasonable precautions to protect yourself. IEEE continues to closely monitor this dynamic situation and will provide updates with any developments.
The following proactive steps are being taken to maintain a safe and healthy environment:
- We are committed to following regional jurisdiction guidelines and rules in maintaining a safe environment for our attendees. The World Health Organization’s (WHO) guidelines are located here.
- We will continue to provide timely WHO and other relevant updates to registered attendees throughout the conference as needed.