Before you submit your paper for EPEC 2020, here’s what you need to know:
- The format of the paper should follow the IEEE conference paper style. You can download a template and style guide HERE. PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO A SYSTEM LIMITATION, ONLY THE LETTER FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED BY EDAS.
- EPEC 2020 will only accept the electronic submission in pdf format of a full paper in English.
- Conference papers are limited to six (6) pages, without incurring extra page charges. The paper may be extended to eight (8) pages. In such a case, extra page charges will be applied.
- EPEC 2020 proceedings will be submitted to IEEE Xplore.
- EPEC 2020 authors are invited to submit extended versions of their presented conference papers for publication in the IEEE Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (CJECE) special issue within four weeks of the conference final day (i.e. by December 10, 2020). The extended manuscript must be significantly extended (by a minimum of 30 per cent) in its overall technical content and research results beyond the scope of the conference paper published in the EPEC 2020 conference proceedings. The extended manuscript will go through another separate review according to CJECE’s review process. For more details, please visit journal.ieee.ca.
Step 1: Submission of full papers (only letter size will be accepted) – Aug 31st, 2020
Ready to submit? Click HERE for the EDAS link. You need to remove the footer from the IEEE template as EDAS will automatically put in the copyright information.
Step 2: Notification of paper acceptance – Sept 30th, 2020
Once the technical committee has changed the status of the papers to accepted, authors will be able to register for the conference. After registration is complete, authors can complete the copyright form. Authors that are conditionally accepted will need to make the revisions required and then resubmit their papers. Please note: the only accepted form of copyright form submission is electronically through the link above; failure to follow this step, or duplicate submission through other means may result in the paper not being included in ieeexplore.
Step 3: Submission of final camera-ready papers – Oct 15th, 2020
- Before you can upload your paper, you must: Submit each of your accepted papers via IEEE PDF eXpress for format checking and certification. The conference ID is 48502x.
- Login to EDAS and select one of your accepted papers.
- Click on the Register icon that looks like a blue ticket.
- Register for the conference at one of the author rates offered.
- Make sure you add all your accepted papers to your basket.
- Submit the IEEE copyright form for each paper. IMPORTANT: The authors must click YES to allowing a video of their paper
- Upload the final version of each of your papers.
Failure to register before the deadline will result in automatic withdrawal of your paper from the conference proceedings and program and the paper will not be submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Step 4: Presentation of papers at EPEC 2020 – Nov 9-10th, 2020
Accepted papers must be presented at the conference by one of the authors. Failure to remotely present an accepted paper will result in the paper not being submitted to IEEE Xplore. Presentation time is 12 minutes with 3 minutes for Q&As.
EPEC 2020 welcomes papers related to the conference theme, Power Systems in Transition. For further information, please refer to the Call for Papers page.
For the registration process, please contact:
Registration & Administration Chair
For paper submission, please contact:
Conference General Co-Chair